Friday, November 7, 2008

Back again

Well, this week hasn't been quite what I was hoping it would be, but it's been fun lol! I haven't had a chance to clean anything in the sewing room since last Thursday, but it's so much more bearable now. I am starting to suspect that the next chance I have to work on it will be the week of Thanksgiving, when Adron has his next week of vacation. If I can only work on it when he's off, then I should be able to have it done by New Years =D That is really exciting to me!

Tonight and tomorrow, I have a retreat at church. I am really excited about it! Adron has to take Audrey to her dad tomorrow, so I will take the babies to church with me so he can take the little car and save a ton on gas. I'm so glad they have babysitting available! The retreat is over at 2, with Q&A until 4, so I'm thinking I'll get a chance to sew for a second tomorrow evening. We are going to a birthday party Sunday afternoon, and I'm making a spinny skirt and fur-cuffed appliqued tee for the princess. I made a skort and tee for her sister's birthday this summer, and I thought this would be a good follow-up lol! I'm in love with the fabrics I picked - I was going for a Christmasey theme, but didn't want it to be red and green, so I went with pink, lime, and black, and it's perfect! I went out on a limb and am using a black tee to go with it and I can't wait to see how it turns out! I promise I'll take pictures and share 'em lol!

Halloween was a blast! Audrey is taking Latin dance classes at school, so she wore her performance outfit. She looked absolutely beautiful, but I really didn't get a picture of her in all her glory :o( Madeline was a "Goth Vampiress" (ummmm.... isn't that kind of a redundant title???), and her costume was a real, honest to goodness, store-bought costume. Easy peasy! Ellie wanted to be an Indian Princess (not the kind with feathers, though, mommy), and we had a really pretty Indian top here already. I made a scarf to drape over her shoulder, and created my own pants pattern to go under the top. I found some cute curly-toe shoes at Dollar Tree, and she wore them over her tennis shoes. Noah was a magician - black tee, black sweats, black Converse high tops, top hat, gloves, and a cape. I made the cape, and he hated it! I had to sew it to the shirt for the evening so he wouldn't keep pulling it off lol! He refused to wear the hat and gloves for any length of time, but being the ham that he is, he let me take pictures of him in his full garb.... Boys! Do you know that it is nearly impossible to find a plain ol' magician's wand without going to a magic store? Yeah, I learned the hard way lol! Why do I always pick costumes that don't really exist?

Anyway, here are some pictures from Halloween - we went to curch for a party, and had a fabulous time! Micah, the pastoral assistant/youth leader, set up a fabulous scavenger hunt that the kids loved! He had coloring pages, saints stories, bobbing for apples, face painting, and some other games. The babies were so worn out, but no one wanted to leave!











I forgot to mention that we got a new computer! Ours totally died last Wednesday, so Friday night, Adron got us a new one :o) It's awesome to be back to normal lol! Unfortunately, I am having to take everything of the 750G external drive that appears to be defunct. Grrrrrrrrrr!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Glad you are back! :)

Christa

Anne R said...

The kids looked adorable - I think my Hannah would've loved the Indian princess-outfit (not the kind with feathers...)