Saturday, January 7, 2012

A sheepish hello

I am truly ashamed that it's been so long since I've blogged. I keep thinking "Yeah, I'll do it later (tomorrow, next week, whatever)..." Clearly, that hasn't happened.

I suppose I could go on about *why* I haven't been here, but I can pretty much boil it down to the fact that I've been less than healthy physically, and that has totally brought down my mental state. By the grace of God, I seem to be on track to getting back to health, and I couldn't be happier about it!!! I think I'll save that story for another day, though.

I don't make new year's resolutions. However, I do like to set goals for myself for the coming year. I'd love to share those goals with you!

1.)This year, I will get healthy! I will eat right, and I will lose weight. I may not lose all the weight that needs to come off, but I am more determined than ever to take care of my body the best way I can!

2.)This year I will take care of myself by putting others first. Not in an unhealthy way, but in a loving, giving way. As in, my husband is my leader, I love him, and I want to make him happy. Because a happy, loved husband will be happier at home, and the more of me I give to him, the stronger and better he will be. That, in turn, will make my life better. My children need me to take them places and do things with them. I've already been doing that, but my goal is to be more involved with the little things.

3.)I am returning to blogging. No big requirements on myself to make each post something important or significant, or even useful. I just want to share my life because, well, it's never boring! LOL! I figure maybe *somebody* can benefit from my escapades! My goal is 2-3 times a week, but I'll be content with weekly lol!

4.)Along the same lines, I'm re-opening my Etsy shop and am going to put some time into growing my business. I love making sweet little hats for people, and am so glad to be feeling well enough to get back at it!

5.)I will get my home organized. I know it's never going to be neat and clean at all times, and I'm good with that. I just want to have a place for everything and everything in its place.

6.)Which brings me to my next goal of getting back into my creative mode this year! Sewing, building, anything! I am committing to 2 hours a week of creative activity. Today, we bought all the lumber to build a farmhouse dining table and a matching bench. Other things on my list of "must builds" include a closet organization system, a farmhouse bed for our bedroom, matching nightstands, and a loft bed for the boys' room.

I think these goals are doable. PLEASE hold me accountable!!!

1 comment:

Anne R said...

Well hello there! It's nice hearing from you again :)

So I WILL hold you accountable if you don't stick to your goals - but there will be no flogging or name-calling involved ;) Deal?
LOVE,
Anne