Thursday, March 26, 2009

Going home soon!

I am so excited!!!! They put in new carpet yesterday, and started moving all of our stuff back in today =) They also steam cleaned my living room carpet, and wiped everything down! Adron is installing blinds in every window in the house, and replacing the electrical receptacles in the 2 upstairs bedrooms. Talk about feeling like we've got a new house, without the inconvenience of house hunting lol! I am so thrilled!!!

Here's a few pics I took yesterday, before they brought our things back...

My shiny new sewing room:



The wall where my cutting table/fabric bolts were:



My gorgeously built window seat:


Wall where the fire was:


View from window seat into girls' room:



The girls' room - I'm totally loving how fresh and clean these colors are :o)

The window, where my old living room chair fits *perfectly*:



Looking into the hallway (you can see the color of the other bedroom):



Looking into the sewing room - notice that there is no sharpie on the walls WOOHOO!



My stairs - with new carpet and a fresh coat of semigloss paint (totally washable!):



My living room - I'm loving the green! I can't wait to see how it looks once everything is back in it:









I didn't take any pics of the other upstairs bedroom or the kitchen, since the paint colors are the same. I'll have to dig and see if I can find "before" pics to post at a later time - I'm quite thrilled with the way things look now :) And the new carpet is so yummy to dig my toes into!

On a slightly frustrating note, all of the furniture that was in the sewing room is pretty much ruined. They said they ozoned it for 3 days, and it still reeks of smoke. That means that the buffet and the china cabinet/hutch that belonged to my grandmother (and who knows how long they had been in the family before SHE got them) and considered unsalvageable. The chest of drawers (once belonged to my other grandmother) that held all my smaller pieces of knits and flannels is bad, too, along with a small bookshelf that held all my stamping stuff. There's no way I'm going to use those for fabric storage with the way they smell, so I guess that means I'll need to find some sort of replacements for them. The desks that my machines were on are toast, of course, and all 4 sewing machines have too much smoke damage to be able to consider them usable, from what I was told today.

Granted, this means I get to have new machines and new furniture, but it's a bit sad about the family pieces. Thankfully, they are just things, not people, right? And I suppose someone in the family may want to live with the smell...!

Back later with more pics - gotta watch the rest of the Memphis game. They aren't looking so great right now, but I'm crossing my fingers!

3 comments:

Heavenlyscraps said...

Wow! It's looking good at your house. I love all the colors you've chosen too :)

Christa said...

Looks wonderful! I love the colors...especially the girls' room!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new paint jobs and sewing room, it all looks so fresh and I love the colors you choose!