Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

Yeah, so I don't have her dress done, nor have I managed to take a really nice birthday picture of her, but she has made it to 4!

Today, she was being her usual cranky self, so I told her to take a nap. She totally freaked on me! I asked what her problem was, and you know what the answer was? Yep - "But I don't wanna miss my birthday!!!" ROFLMBO! She is too much! A little later, Adron was trying to talk her into taking a nap, and told her that she wouldn't miss her birthday. Her answer to that was "Well, I won't miss it if I don't take a nap." Oh yes, she is GOOD! The best part - guess where she is right now? ::evil grin::

Photobucket

I can't tell you how excited I am about the Core plan! This week, I was down 3.8 lbs.!!! Lemme tell you, it was so hard this week, too! When we went to my IL's on Friday, I took some Core coleslaw and some 1 point Whitewheat buns. I did eat some of the pork shoulder, but I only had one sandwich, and a very small serving of macaroni and cheese. The desserts just about killed me though! There was a homemade chocolate cake - I had a *tiny* little sliver of it. There was the Butterscotch 4-Layer Dessert (if you aren't familiar with that one, Google it! It is amazing!), and I only had a tiny sliver of that. Then there was the homemade strawberry cake. Oh wow! I can't begin to describe just how yummy and scrumptious that is!!! I had the same tiny sliver of that one, then I finished the rest of Ellie's, and what Noah didn't eat... Granted, it was more than I should have eaten, but all-in-all, I doubt if it was more than about a whole piece anyway. It was totally worth it, too! Then we went to Corky's for Ellie's birthday on Sunday. I was totally good and got the baked potato with shredded chicken. I didn't tell them to hold the butter or cheese, but I opted not to put the sour cream on. Adron and I were sharing the potato and an order of tamales, so I only had half of the potato, and 2 bites of a tamale. Plus their heavenly rolls (I didn't add butter to mine), and a piece of birthday cake. I wasn't perfect, but I did so much better than I've ever done before! It's all about baby steps, and I took a bunch this weekend!

Oh, my goal is to lose 50 lbs. before my brother's wedding, which looks like it will probably be around March of 2009. I know I can do it! I have to average about 1.5 lbs. a week, and this week was a great start. In the 2 weeks I've been doing the Core plan, I have lost 6.4 lbs. Not bad, huh! I'm not worried about being skinny for the wedding, I just know that I work better when I have a deadline.

I've just discovered the world of ATCs, and here is my 1st (digital) attempt. I am totally in love with the whole altered art style, but I have a hard time working that way. I'm not sure at all what my style is, but I don't think it's altered art at all, but I sure wish it was LOL! Later, I'll have to post a couple of LOs I have done in that style... I am trying to figure out where to get collage sheets so I can make some real ATCs, not just the digital variety. If anyone has any good links, please let me know!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love your blog. You are so talented. I also just think your kids are adorable. I am the mom of four beautiful red headed children and my husband and I have red hair. Your little boy, with all of his red hair, is just a cutie.