Monday, May 12, 2008

Ok, to start off with a bang (two posts in one day!  WOOHOOO!!!), here are some pics of 2 dresses I made for Ellie the other day.  I am totally in love with Farbenmix's "Anna" pattern. Oh, you don't speak German? Yeah, me either, but Sewzanne's has the pattern and will send you a sew-along in English if you order the pattern from there. I am totally not affiliated with them, but Suzanne has been wonderful to order from in the past.

Anyway, for as much as I love the Anna dress, I just don't have the funds right now to buy another pattern, and I don't have the patience to wait for it to get here via snail mail, either lol! So, I did what any self-respecting designer wannabe would do, and I played around until I had drafted a pretty nifty rip-off of my own. I am really happy with the results, but I think I'm going to play around with the hem some more the next time I make one. It is a little big on her, but I think I'm okay with that :o)

Here is the 1st attempt:



And my 2nd attempt, which is fully reversible. 3 sides are floral prints, one is sushi. I will have to get a pic of that later, as Ellie, much to my dismay, strongly prefers the florals. Did I mention that she picked these fabrics out by herself when she was 1? Yeah, my kid is a fabric freak just like her mommy!




Allright, I've played enough for now - I have SO got to make my grocery list! I usually do my shopping over the weekend, but Audrey was in town, and I had too much other stuff going on, so now I get to do it with the two littles in tow... I am praying that there is a "car basket" available at Kroger today!

No comments: