Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sewing room cleaning, days 1 & 2

Here's some pics for you! First up, we have part of the stuff I threw out yesterday. More went, but it was taken outside before I got a picture ;o)



Next up are pics from today. I spent a couple of hours putting fabric on bolts or comic book boards. Here are the tall bolts - the 1st layer... On the left, I have twill and denim, assorted stuff in the middle, and knits on the right - from the solid grey fabric on. Right next to the grey is one of my favorite fabrics ever! It is a white on white dyeable stripe. I used it to mkae an outfit for Noah when he was a newborn :o)



Striped Ottobre zipper. Lesson learned while making this one - NEVER put an invisible zipper in something that is made of a striped knit... I honestly spent 3-4 hours on that darn zipper! This one little unsuspecting outfit is truly my sewing masterpiece - the stripes match at every seam with the exception of the crotch gusset which is really pretty unmatchable lol!




But I digress lol! Here is the 2nd layer of bolts. There is some upholstrey weight on the left, then some corduroy and terry cloth, then baby fabrics, blue, red, and purple gingham sheer (voile maybe?), cotton prints, and the last 7 bolts on the left are flannel. The 1st flannel, the turquoise print, has tinkerbell on it, and it's another of my absolute favorite fabrics! I am planning to line a pink velour jacket with it for Ellie =D



I ran out of bolts to roll my fabric on, but I still had a mountain of stuff staring at me! So, I rolled up the knits until I can get by Hancock's. This pile starts with french terry at the bottom - I bought it natural for $1/yd at Walmart, and felt the extreme urge to dye it! I dyed some pink, some blue, and there is a bolt that has about 8 yards of purple on it, but it's on the other side of the room right now. On top of that, I have my solid knits, then my prints. I adore the PRR citrus print with the coordinate stripe - I'll have to see if I can find a pic of Ellie in the outfit I made from it several years ago. Then random knits lol!



Last, but not least, you have the back stack containing some baby sherpa, my chenille, and yet another favorite fabric. The blue and green floral print came from my great aunt and is only about 32" wide. I am in love with it, but knowing that it's vintage makes me hesitant to cut into it! Maybe a sling for the new baby?



And I guess that's it for now. Audrey and I made meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes for dinner and I am STARVING!!!!!

No comments: