So far, so good, here :o) We kept the kids out late last night, and they, for once, slept in this morning. I got up and managed to get a bit of sewing done, and have just been chilling out ever since.
I put together and pleated a bishop dress for Ellie, and a Jordan's Romper for Noah. I can't find the pique I bought for the collar for Noah's, and Ellie wanted a bishop, not the yoke dress I had been planning lol! That was fine - less work on the construction, and more actual smocking =D I used a gorgeous deep green and navy blue checked flannel that I picked up on clearance at a local heirloom fabric store quite a few years back. I had intended to make dresses for Audrey and Madeline, but that (obviously lol) never happened. So, since Noah and Ellie need church clothes, I thought this was the perfect time to use it. So now I have 2 projects ready to work on, and they should be relatively quick, as I'm just smocking a geometric design on both.
I have realized that my whiny temper tantrum about how I spent my Christmas money is a little silly. I'm OBVIOUSLY lacking whatever gene it is that makes me think shopping is fun lol! I realzied that I'm incredibly blessed to have been given moeny that I could spend however I wanted, and now have the opportunity to replace my well-worn maternity jeans. I really wasn't trying to be a spoiled brat - I just really, really hate spending money on clothes, and more than that, shopping for them. I went back to Motherhood yesterday and picked up one of the pairs of jeans I had tried on the day before, and was very happy to wear them last night! They are too cute, really, and other than being a little too big (they didn't have a smaller size...), they were on sale for $25! Now THAT totally rocked! I also cut up my tee shirt and lounge pants and traced them into patterns. I've made a tee that just needs neck binding and hems to be complete, but it fits perfectly. I lengthened it by a couple of inches, and that seems to be the right amount. I haven't made up any lounge pants yet, but plan to in the next week or so. I also cut out a nursing cami, as well as a maternity skirt, but haven't sewn them yet. I discovered that I didn't have as much black knit as I needed for the maternity panel on the skirt, so it's going to have to wait on a trip to Hancocks. Oh, and I made a really cute maternity top from one of the Ottobres - I think it's the only one that they did in my size, which is just fine as I like it, it's easy, and has lots of room for versatility. I added 3" to the length of it, too, and was slightly surprised when I tried it on and it was 3" too long LOL! I guess I'm built like a fat European? Sweet! 'Splains why American patterns have never fit right ;o)
I also have determined that my sewing machine, the ruffler, and that darn pettiskirt fabric are destined to NOT work together. I got my machine home yesterday, and started working on the pettiskirt, and broke 3 more needles. It started off just fine, but I guess it's just the fabric. Thankfully, I can ruffle cottons just fine (so far), so it's quite a useful tool, but not for the purpose I had intended. I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that chiffon that I've got cut into strips. I really want a pettiskirt for Ellie, but since I can get one for a very reasonable price if I'm willing to wait 4-5 months on delivery, then it's not too big of a deal.
Off to help Noah - he woke up cranky and needs some hugs. And the angelfood cake I baked seems to be burnt, at least on the top. I'm hoping that a.) it will come out of the pan, and b.) it won't be burnt lol!