Saturday, April 11, 2009

Enjoying a little quiet time :o)

I'm not sure I've ever spent this much time alone at the hospital... And, oddly, I've enjoyed it! I love it more when I have visitors, but being able to do nothing is kinda nifty, too ;o) Of course, I think that's largely because Jonah is such an easy baby so far, and I don't feel like I need a break lol! A couple of friends have said they were going to stop by today, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I got a whole lot more sleep last night than I had been getting, and was able to sleep late this morning. I think that's the best part about the 2nd night - the nurses aren't required to bug me as much lololol! I felt kinda bad, though - the audiologist came in to check Jonah's hearing, and I slept through the whole thing.

My milk has come in, and I've got plenty of it. I'm thinking about aksing for a pump, just to relieve a bit of the pressure. I know, I know. Pumping increases milk supply, compounding the problem, but in my experience, a little pumping prevents a lot of blocked ducts and/or infections. I've always joked that I have enough milk to feed quadruplets, but I don't really think that's an exaggeration lol! It's such a blessing to be able to nurse and not have to worry about having enough milk.

Just like Ellie and Noah, Jonah seems to have issues with reflux already. Poor little guy started projectile vomiting last night, and it's getting worse. As long as he gains weight, I suppose it's fine, but it really seems to bother him. He doesn't complain much at all, even when I know he's starving, but I've noticed that he starts fussing a little in his sleep right before he spits up. I am not looking forward to having to give him meds for it in the coming months, but I'm sure that's what is coming. This is what he looks like when he's about to spit up:





Did I mention that he's the closest thing to a bald baby as I've ever had? I am so tickled lol! The other kids had a lot more hair than Jonah does, and his hair is much lighter than rest of 'em, too. It looks like it might be a light strawberry blonde - there is definitely a bit of red in it :o) And it's so fluffy! I beleive Ellie's hair was like that, too, so I hope that means he'll have curls... His eyes are a fairly dark blue, but they are VERY blue. Or so I thought - until I was looking at him today, and noticed that the ring around his pupils looks just a touch brown. That is exciting!

I'm feeling a little guilty right now - I usually don't need pain meds beyond what they use in my spinal block, but this c-section has been much more painful than the last ones. The dr that looked at my incision today said that it's looking a little red around the edges, so I'm on an antibiotic. An infection would certainly explain the extra tenderness and pain... Anyway, I still feel bad asking for pain meds at all, other than naproxen for the cramping. I know that whatever I put in my body affects Jonah, too, but I also realize that a mommy in pain won't heal nearly as quickly as a mommy that isn't hurting, so I have to justify the meds by thinking that I'll be much more able to take care of Jonah, as well as the rest of the family, if I allow myself to heal.

I have managed to get a little bit of embroidery done today - I'm working on a gown for Jonah's 40 day blessing. The majority of the embroidery was done before I had him, but there's still a lot left to do. I'm using 2 shades of blue for the knot work, and I've got a pretty green that I'm going to use to embroider vines just above the hem. I'm planning to put more trinity knots between the sections of the vine, too. I know the stitching isn't as neat as it should be, but this fairy batiste is so soft, and not at all tightly woven, so it's hard to make everything even. I'm going on the theory that no one is going to be looking at it that closely lol, and if they do, I really don't think it matters that much :op





And here's the little man on his daddy's lap:

No comments: